Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tee Graphic Design: “Have A Cup Of Me” and “The Source of Knowledge” (Threadless)

Once in a while, I create t-shirt designs, and rather than have them saved in my hard disk, I prepare them as entries for Threadless' Competitions. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, all the designs in Threadless are created by the members themselves, go through a process of voting by the community. Once chosen to be printed, the designer wins $2,000 of prizes (cash and gifts). There are numerous Filipino designers there and some already had their designs printed and sold. I aspire to be one of them.

During the latter parts of summer vacation, I managed to finish two t-shirt designs based on sketches I made in my notebook:

2007-05-22

Here are the finished digitized versions:

CupofMe

SourceofKnowledge

I already submitted them at Threadless, and now, they're already up for voting:

CupofMe

SourceofKnowledge

I know my design is a little surreal and "weird" for the general public's taste. Not everyone would want to wear dismembered heads and hands on their shirts. It seems most designs at Threadless that get printed are the cheesy and cutesy designs catering more to their predominantly American teen population. But you'll never know. Help my designs get a good score by clicking on the images above or the links below and by voting only 5$... and if you have extra time, leave nice comments! Time's running up for voting…

Have A Cup of Me - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever

Source of Knowledge - Threadless, Best T-shirts Ever

No comments: